Foster Grant Application Office
SASSA FOSTER CHILD GRANT
Louis Pasteur Building
c/o Prinsloo & Pretorius Streets
Tel. No.: (012) 329 9225
Office Hours: Weekdays 08h00 – 16h00
SASSA Toll Free: 0800 60 10 11 or CPS 0800 60 01 60
The Required Documents to apply for a SASSA Foster Child Grand
The following original documents and certified copies thereof, must accompany an application for a foster child grant:
- Your identity document and that of your spouse.
- If married, your marriage certificate.
- The original birth certificate of the foster child, and if it is a certified copy, it can’t be older than 3 months.
- The Court Order placing the child in your foster care.
- Confirmation of residential address (Municipal Account).
All of the above mentioned documents must be taken with to the SASSA offices.
On arrival at the SASSA Offices ask the Security Officer for the below listed documents:
- A document that has to be completed by the foster child’s school / crèche, confirming school attendance by the foster child.
- An affidavit that has to be completed by the S.A.P.S.
Please Note: The foster child does not have to accompany you during the initial document collection and application. The best time to go to the SASSA offices is at 13h00, this is their quietest period.
After completing all of the relevant documentation take it back to the SASSA offices. The best time to go to the SASSA offices is at 13h00, this is their quietest period.
A SASSA security officer will then issue you with a receipt, specifying a date on which you have to return back with the foster child. Keep this receipt; it is your proof of application.
NB.: Whenever going to the SASSA offices, always be sure to take the original documents with.
Note: You do not have to pay any money to apply and you will be paid from the date of the legal placement of the child in your care by the Children’s Court.