SASSA HEAD OFFICE
501 Prodinsa Building
Cnr Steve Biko and Pretorius Streets
Tel: 012 400 2000 (Switchboard)
Mahube Maxi City, Mahube Valley, Pretoria
Office Hours: Weekdays 08h00 – 16h00
GENERAL GRANTS ENQUIRIES
Sassa Toll free: 0800 60 10 11 or CPS 0800 60 01 60
The following original documents must accompany an application for a foster child grant:
- Your identity document and that of your spouse.
- If married, your marriage certificate.
- The original birth certificate of the foster child, and if it is a certified copy, it can’t be older than 3 months.
- The Court Order placing the child in your foster care.
- Confirmation of residential address (Municipal Account).
- All of the above mentioned original documents must be taken with to the SASSA offices.
On arrival at the SASSA Offices ask the Security Officer for the below listed documents:
- A document that has to be completed by the foster child’s school / crèche, confirming school attendance by the foster child.
- An affidavit that has to be completed by the S.A.P.S.
Please Note: The foster child does not have to accompany you during the initial document collection and application, but has to on your return date specified by the officer that assisted you.
- After completing all of the relevant documentation take it back to the SASSA offices.
- A SASSA security officer will then issue you with a receipt, specifying a date on which you have to return back with the foster child. Keep this receipt; it is your proof of application.
Note: You do not have to pay any money to apply, and you will be paid in lieu from the date of the legal placement of the child in your care by the Children’s Court